EDUCATIONAL FREEDOM SCHOLARSHIP
Parental Rights, Equality in Education, School Choice
For Immediate Release Contact: Ayesha Kreutz 585.615.9551 firstname.lastname@example.org
The Frederick Douglass Foundation of New York (FDFNY) believes parents should be in charge of and overseeing their children’s education. Parents can find an option that best serves their child’s situation. We believe in school choice, and access to quality educational opportunities. School choice means different things to different people. To FDFNY school choice means allowing parents to select the best schools for0 their children— homeschool, public or private.
The Frederick Douglass Foundation of New York School Choice, Educational Freedom scholarship program allows parents to take more control over their child’s education. We aim to provide families, who choose to homeschool or send their kids to a private Christian school with scholarships up to $5,000.
- Families with one child up to $3,000 per year
- Families with 2 or more children up to $5,000 per year
- Must be a resident of New York State.
- Must be a dues paying member (any membership level) of the Frederick Douglass Foundation
- All dues paying members that have children in K-12 are eligible to apply for the program.
- Must choose to Homeschool or Send your child to a private Judeo-Christian school.
- Households’ family income, income vs debt ratio and what income may be, given up, does play a role in selection and the amount of the scholarship awarded.
- Scholarship applications are prioritized for prior recipients and students. Our goal, if possible, depending on funding, is to help families for as long as needed during the K-12 educational needs.
- For multiple year scholarships: Child must maintain a passing GPA. Once on the scholarship if the child is expelled from school, the scholarship will be reviewed and possibly revoked.
Application: Apply HERE
- Application filled out by deadline. ( 2023 August 1st)
- A letter about why you should be considered for the scholarship.
- All requested financial and supplemental information requested.
“Knowledge makes a man unfit to be a slave” ~ Frederick Douglass
FIRST FUNDRAISER STARTING NOW!!!